25 October 2013

Secrets or Lies? [Preview]

They were both sat on their bed, oppositely facing each other. He was resting against the headboard while she was sat Indian style fiddling with her hair. The room was being lit by the two wall lamps above them. They hadn't spoken all day, both of them had been busy and this was the opportunity he had to ask her a question that had been puzzling him all day. 

"So where were you this morning? I woke up and you wasn't there" 

I can't tell him where I was it could ruin everything. She thought, biting her lip.

"I went to see my mum" she lied through her teeth.

"At 9 o'clock in the morning?"

"Yes"

"Hmm okay, how do you feel about going to see my mum later on?" He cleared his throat before continuing "She having a family dinner"

Great, if his mum sees me she'll notice straight away. Another thought crossed her mind.

"I'll see cause I've been feeling a bit under the weather" Not a complete lie.

A week later.

"Baby I'm home" Nicki closed the door behind her and walked up the stairs clicking her heels.

"Baby?" She opened the bedroom door and was met by a note.

Dear Onika,
I'm so sorry I had to do this through a letter. I wish things didn't turn out this way. This note will probably be the last memory you'll have of me. I wish we could continue but what's a relationship without trust? It's not that I don't trust you at all, I just don't trust you the way I used to. A one-sided love? Can romantic love exist in only one person? Remember that morning you said you went to see your mum? I called her later that day and she said she hadn't seen you. I tried to believe you I swear I did. I still love you...

Sorry,
Aubrey. 

Almost two years later.

"Good morning beautiful" He walked out the bathroom with a towel wrapped tightly around his waist.

"Morning, did you just come out the shower?"

"Nah but come here" She took his outstretched hand and got up out of bed and followed him to the bathroom. Once her clothes were off and his towel was, he helped her into the tub. They both seemed to relax as he began to wash her and she returned the favor. He helped her out as well and handed her a towel for her to dry off with. 

As the day progressed the couple ate breakfast in bed naked and watched morning TV then got dressed and snuggled up on the sofa and watched a film. The two adults were laughing and having a good time then a knock at the door disturbed the couple's peace.

"Aubrey, baby. Get the door" Drake went to the open the door and was surprised to see her there.  

"Onika?"

"Hey. Long time no see huh?" She smiled small.

"Yeah, uh" He hadn't seen in her so long. She had gotten thicker especially in her hips but still maintained that hourglass figure that he loved so much. Her hair was longer and had more volume. Apart from that, nothing else about her changed. The jeans she was wearing and her tank top were doing wonders. He was too busy focusing on her to notice the child she had on her hip.

"Oh, who's this little guy?"

"AJ" 

"You had a son?"

"No, we had a son" She said and the little boy finally turned his head looking directly at his father.

1 comment:

  1. Oh shoot .. They got a kid together & he left my Nika.. Keep going !

    ReplyDelete