30 October 2013

Reuniting? [Oneshot]

"Mum, are you busy tonight?"

"No, why hunny?"

"I want you to meet someone"

"Should I be scared or?"

"No, no. Just meet me at that grill place near you"

"Okay, see you then Kaylie"

"Bye ma"

Kayla had been dating a guy for quite a while now and thought it was time that he met her parents and she met his. Her parents were easily accepting of her past relationship but they were all short lived. Her current boyfriend, Lucas, was definitely the one she was going to marry, they had even discussed it briefly.  



"Don't worry, my mum will like you. My dad is a maybe"

"You don't think I'm overdressed?" 

"Nope. Just a heads up though, they're posh so be careful" Kayla fixed his tie for him.

"I think I see them, now calm down" Her parents walked over to them.

As soon as they approached them, they stood up. Kayla was brought up very respectively, it was courtesy for her to greet her parents that way.

Lucas put his hand out for them to shake. "Lucas, very nice to meet you sir and ma'am"

"You too, I'm her father, Parker"

"I'm her mother, Onika. Kayla, who are the extra seats for?"

"Lucas' parents, I thought we could sit down and have a meal all together"

"They should arriving any minute now"

Lucas' parents arrived and Lucas signalled them over. 

"Hello sweetie" Lucas' mother kissed his cheek.

"I wanted you both to meet someone who I love dearly. Mom, Dad; Meet my girlfriend Kayla and her parents"

Lucas' parents greeted Kayla. Lucas' dad went over to greet Kayla's parents and it was like time stopped. He came face to face with his ex.

"Aubrey Graham" He shook her hand.

"Onika Grayson" She smiled trying to take away the awkward tension.

"Alright so since that's over, can we order?" Kayla asked.

They ate dinner between short conversations. It wasn't as bad as they thought it would be.

"Thank you for the dinner but we've got to get going" Nicki said.

"Wait! Before you go I want to ask Kayla something" Lucas kneeled down in front of Kayla's seat. He turned it around so she was facing him.

"Kayla. I've been thinking about the right words to say to you but I can't think of them. You were a challenge to make you mine but I never gave up because I knew you were the one for me. So Kayla Marie Grayson, will you do me the honours of being my wife?"

"Yes, a million times yes!" Kayla screamed and everyone in the restaurant clapped.

"I guess we'll be seeing a lot more of each other" Jennifer smiled. Nicki smiled back but when Jennifer looked away, she looked over at Drake and gave him the look he knew she would.

"We have to exchange numbers and everything. I can't believe my son's getting married"

~

"We can't let this happen and you know why!"

"What can we do, they're in love"

"We have to break it off, it's going to turn out bad for all of us"

"I don't know what to do, you should have told her when we met"

"Do you think I want to ruin my daughter's relationship?"

"No but,"

"We have to fix it before the wedding, we should not have stopped it when he proposed"

"Just tell her next time you see her"

"I can't tell her that way. It'll break her heart"

"Well you just have to figure it out"

"Me?! What about your part in this?! Hold on, I think Parker's coming"

 "I've got to go, bye"

~

It was the engagement party. Both sides of the family were there celebrating. But two parents weren't looking so happy about it. Obviously being the parents of the future bride and groom.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the almost groom wants to say a few words. Now before you start Lucas, remember you're not married yet"

"For those who do not know me I'm Lucas and for those who do I'm still called Lucas" Everyone laughed and went silent again. "There's something very special that happens to a man when he realises that he's met the woman that he's going to spend the rest of his life with. I think its called fulfilment. When that moment comes, the words can't come out fast enough. Thank you darling for agreeing to be my wife and seeing the goodness in me. I'd like to thank my future parents-in-law for bringing into the world, the woman that I love. So let's toast to Kayla and her parents"

"To Kayla and her parents" They toasted. 

Nicki hit her glass against her husband's before drinking the remaining amount that was left in her glass. Kayla and Lucas decided to dance together in front of everyone and Nicki saw that as her cue to leave for a few minutes.

"Babe, I'm going to the bathroom" Lucas nodded at her and carried on. She snuck away and went to one of the backrooms in the venue. The door handle shook and in he came.

"What took you so long?"

"You know how hard it is to get away from Jen?"

"No"

"Well there you go but back to the plan at hand"

"Come here, you don't have to stand so far away"

"I might have cooties"

"Be quiet and get over here" Drake stood next to her.

"So we both have to give speech later right?"

"Yeah"

"One of us just explains the situation and ends it once and for all"

"Isn't there an easier way?"

"No"

"Well that's it"

"Let me go first" Nicki walked over to the door and twisted the handle. "It's stuck"

"You're just turning it wrong" Drake put his hand over hers and they both tried but it was no use. When their hands touch, the spark that had been lost all those years ago came back and shot through both of them.

"It's no use" He huffed. He glanced down and noticed their hands were still touching, he was about to move it but she put her other hand over his.



"Sorry to disturb you but have you seen my mother?"

"No but have you seen Aubrey?"

"Nope but I'll look for him as well"

"Thanks love"

Kayla made her way through the crowd, smiling at her guests and having quick conversations. Since with her parents were rich and Lucas' parents were pretty well off, they rented out a big venue just for the party. She couldn't wait for the wedding if they went all out just for their engagement party. She checked all the rooms and came across one that looked like someone was in there.

"Mum, are in here?" Kayla opened the door and her mouth dropped. There in front of her eyes were her mother and her fiancĂ©’s father kissing or 'making out' as her friend would say with her hands around his neck and his hands on her waist.

"Mum! How could you?" Both of their head snapped around.

"Kayla! It's not what it looks like but it is but,"

"You better spill it now because I'm telling dad"

"You might want to sit down" Drake said.

"I'd rather stand"

"So when Aubrey and I met at the dinner, it wasn't our first time meeting each other. We've had met many times before. We dated before you were born, I then met Parker and fell for him. So after we broke up, I dated Parker but I realised I was pregnant,"

"What does that have to do with anything? You still cheated on dad"

"Parker and I had been dating for a month so I knew it wasn't his baby. I came to terms with it and told Parker, we decided to raise the baby together and the baby got his surname"

"Are you trying to tell me Parker isn't my dad and Aubrey is?" They nodded.

"So Lucas is my brother?"

"I'm sorry. We have been trying to stop the relationship from the moment we realised" Nicki said. Kayla looked at both of them and was sick all over the floor.


Was really iffy about posting this on but... some twisted idea I had hehe :)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:10 am

    Omg this story had such a twist!! It was really good but at the same time disturbing knowing now that they're brother and sisters lol but besides that really great oneshot.

    ReplyDelete