2 February 2014

In The Public Eye [Part 5]

"Yeah, I'm going out to have lunch then I'm heading to my video shoot... I'll call you as soon as I'm done. I promise, love you. Bye" Nicki hung up the phone and walked into the cafe. She wanted to eat alone with her careers she was constantly surrounded by people except for when she was at home. She had just over an hour to eat and get to set. Her sunglasses were firmly on her face and she dressed down wearing leggings and a baggy jumper. She thought she was unnoticeable. She hadn't even received her coffee before she was tapped on the shoulder.

"What do you want?" She didn't mean to come off so rude but she was annoyed.

"Damn who pissed in your coffee?"

"No one since I haven't got one yet" The man sat down at the seat across from her pissing her off even more.

"Some best friend you are, don't even recognise my voice" Keenan laughed.

"I'm sorry, I thought you were an annoying fan"

"What are you doing here? I thought you were in New York"

"I was, I needed to see you... Talk to you"

"I'm not even going to ask how you found me. What's up?"

"Me and Louise are over"

"Aww babe, come on let's talk somewhere more private" She searched in her bag for her purse and throw a 10 dollar bill on the table.

~

"Tell me all about it" Being that she didn't have the lunch she planned, Nicki whipped herself up a baked potato with cheese. When she was finished, she made sure they were both comfortable and he had calmed down, he had been angry in the car the ride there. 

"So when I go home after being here for the awards, she was in her dressing gown waiting for me. She jumps on me and we were kissing. We were about to make love and I heard a phone ring. It sure wasn't mine cause it was so real hood song" Nicki muffled her laugh. "I got up and looked around and saw nothing. I check the bathroom, under the bed, the draws don't ask. I opened the closet and what do I see? Some nigga in his boxers and socks. I snatched him up real quick and his dumb ass smiled at me. I almost knocked them both out" The anger was shown on his face.

"That is some deep shit, I'm sorry. You'll find someone better, I promise. Wish I could help you"

"Just help me get my mind off it" Nicki thought for a moment and started talking about their memories together. How they first met and their funny moments. They were crying of laughter at one of them. Keenan was still laughing but not as hard as Nicki was, tears were still streaming down her face. It took them a while to fully stop. But once the laughter was over, Keenan's mind wondered back to Louise. 

"I gave her everything and that's how she repays me" Nicki stroked his cheek and kissed him. She was too caught in her feelings to resist him. She felt him kissed back and pull away. 

“We shouldn't be doing this” he admitted.

“Did you not get why I did that?”

“Yeah of course I did. But... this isn't the right time. I’m sorry” Keenan grabbed his coat and walked out leaving her alone.


~


For this music video, Nicki wanted to tell a story. She was dressed down in a sense. The song and the video was something you would not expect from her because of her persona. 

"Nicki's coming on to set" The first scene she was shooting was a sort of shower scene. She had a towel around her bottom half and was wearing a simple lingerie set. "If you're not needed for this scene, move to the other side"

She took off her towel and handed it to someone and walked behind the steamed glass. The music started a short while after and Nicki lip-synced to the bridge while wiping the steam and feeling the music.

Stop!
Stop!
Won't you just stop looking through me 'cause I can't take it, no I can't take it

They had decided to shoot that scene first because she would only be wearing that unlike in the other scenes where she would be wearing two dresses and it would save from going from being full clothed to half clothed and back again.

"Cut!" The director yelled. Nicki stepped out and went to the dressing room to get ready for her first scene. She walked back out wearing a white dress that tied around her neck. She walked into the kitchen area with Willy, her boyfriend, for the video followed behind her with his bow tie untied around his neck. 

"I can’t take it, like seriously"

"You're making big drama" Willy went into the fridge to get a drink.

"I'm making big drama?!" Nicki walked towards him.

"Yeah you do"

"I'm making big drama?! So you think what your doing is okay?" By this time, she was few centimeters away from him. He looked at her and sat down at the counter table. She walked around the other side of gave a flawless hair flip and picked up the glass from the table holding it in her hand.

"I’m sick and tired of it! I’m sick and tired of it!" She violently threw the glass watching it smash.

"Of what?"

"Of the disrespect! Stop disrespecting me! Stop disrespecting me! Stop talking to people when I’m outside doing what I do, embarrassing me in-front of people! Stop!" She screamed at him getting her feelings out.

"You know what! I’m gonna leave you" He got up and turned to walk out the kitchen.

"Don't walk out" She threw another glass. She ran after him and pulled him back. She pushed into the fridge and he looked down at her.  She caressed his face as the rest of their dialogue played as a voice over.

"Cut!" Everyone clapped as Nicki took a playful bow. They went out to shoot another two scene before Nicki had an interview midway through. 

"So what is the video about?"

"The concept of the video is boy-and-girl relationship drama, you know, all of the intimate stuff as well as the fighting as well as the self-reflecting type stuff. It's basically just a love story told from the perspective of a very hard girl who doesn't want to give in but she has to"

~

After the video shoot, Drake and Nicki were chilling at her house. They were going to hang out after the shoot anyway and Nicki's house was closer to the set. They were talking on a more personal level with a half empty pizza box, huge bottle of coca-cola and two glasses on the table.

"So I couldn't help but notice that model looked like me?"

"Boy bye, he looked better than you" Nicki laughed at the face he made and decided to change the subject.

 "I had fun spending time with your family, I never told you"

"I'm glad, they really liked you. Especially my mum, she was talking about how she can spend girl time with you and get your nails and hair done together"

"Aww that's so cute, I would love to. I can't wait to see her again... Maybe I shouldn't have said that since you're trying to get with another girl"

"What girl?"

"The one you talk about all the time, I saw your conversation on the plane with Ryan well not all of it but I saw enough". Nicki picked up her glass from the table and drank some of her coke.

Drake's heart started to beat a little faster. She knows was the only thought running through his mind. It was over. He ran his fingers through his small fro and sighed. "That girl is you" Nicki stopped drinking and put her glass back in it's place.

"You talk about me all the time?" Nicki asked him and he gave her a simple nod. "That's funny cause I do the same thing, it's kind of childish to be honest"

"You talk about yourself all the time?"

"No you dimwit, I talk about you all the time" She really empathized the you. "So you're feeling me huh?"

"Lil' bit" 

"You know it's scary to think that over 3 months ago were forced to be together. I didn't want to and you definitely didn't but look at us now. We somewhat developed a friendship out of this. This is going to sound crazy but I don't want us to break up. I like being with you. I like the dates we go on even though they're never private. I even like how we act like we hate each other sometimes. I really enjoy spending time with you. I think I love you, forget that. I don't think I know that I love you

Nicki had admitted what she had wanted to for a while, she never expected to love an asshole like him but she did. A knock disturbed them. Nicki looked at the door and saw the vibrations from the hard knocks.

"Come with me, I don't know who could be there. Knocking my goddamn door so hard" Drake followed behind her.

She unlocked the door and in walked Keenan. He grabbed her waist and kissed her deeply. Nicki's body froze, she didn't react. What was he doing there? She thought he had gone back home to New York. She pulled away and stared at him.

"Keenan I,"

“I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss and I realised I want this too. So what do you say?” The smile on his face was making her feel bad and she could feel Drake's eyes staring at her. Drake shook his head and stormed out. Nicki tried to grab his arm but he pulled his arm back. She was about to run after him but Keenan stopped her.

"What was that about?" Nicki turned and walked away from him. He shut the door and followed her knowing she would be going to the living room. He found her with her head resting in her hands. 

"Are you going to tell me or what?"

"I just told Drake how I feel about him and you came and," She didn't finish her sentence and put her face back in her hands breathing deeply. 

"So what was today about then?" 

Moving her hands from her mouth, she said. "Look I'm so sorry, my feeling were all messed up. I'm going to be honest with you, I've loved you since we met all those years ago but you was always in a relationship with someone then I finally built the courage up to tell you, you met Louise. It broke my heart then I met Drake. I know I said that he was an asshole but, he's more than that. Over these few months, something happened between us. Even though we aren't really dating, it feels like we are. He makes me feel special. When I kissed you today, I was stuck between you and him. I was caught up with my old crush, I thought I wanted you but I don't. I'm starting to realise my feelings for you are gone and I want to be with him properly which will never happen because of what he saw and everything else. I'm sorry" She looked up and saw Keenan's face and started to tear up. 

"Stop apologising, I understand. It was bound to happen. You need to find him and tell him what you told me" He pulled her into his arms and hugged her tightly. "Go get him"

Let me apologize for how shitty this is but bare with me. Oh and the next part will be the end, I split the last part in two so this is the first part.  3 comments or more :*

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:31 pm

    OMG daaaw why why why did that thing with Keenan have to happen man? I was wanting drake and nicki to finally be all idk but um yooo I don't even know right now. Uuuugh pls make nicki be able to talk to drake and them be all together and stuff. Pls pls pls update soon ok ok I'm done now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooooo...nicki needs go after drake!!! I was wondering why she even kissed Keenan but now I know. I'm hoping drake will forgive her and give her a chance to explain. I wish all this didn't have to happen right after they finally tell each other how they really feel. Can't wait for the next chapterrrr XO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keenan just had to take it the wrong way. But I mean who wouldn't as good looking as Nicki is.. But hopefully Drake understands & listens to her. Cause they were just soo cute & she just had expressed her feelings. Ugh continue loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:17 am

    That was aaammmmaaaazzzzing!!!! Please post soon!!! :)

    ReplyDelete