27 February 2014

The Morning After

He woke up with a start. His head was banging and he had no idea where he was. The sun had not rose and the moonlight was the only light shining in the room. The bed was unfamiliar and so was the girl. All he could see was the side of her face and part of her body. Her makeup was still on her face and her lipstick was around her lips not on them.

"Shit!" He whispered to himself.

He looked over and saw an open envelope full of cash and a large stash of condoms in the half open draw of her bedside table. One word popped up in his head at that moment. Hooker.

Quietly he climbed out of bed and searched for his clothes. He quickly put them on and froze in place when he heard the bed squeak as she turned in her sleep. With one last look at her, he was out the door. 

~

"So what happened last night?"

"I slept with a hooker"

"What? You serious?"

"I didn't know at first but the proof was there, she had condoms and money in plain sight. I was out of there in seconds when I realised" 

"I can't even say you got lucky and you ripped her off by not paying" 

"Shut the fuck up man"

Drake went to his office and waited for his possible new assistants to start arriving. One by one, he interviewed them and none of them matched what he was looking for. They were all trying too hard and putting on an act, he understood why but it wasn't necessary. He chewed on his pen, thinking about what he should do. A knock burst his thought bubble.

"Come in"

"Sorry but we have a late one, she's not on the list" Drake nodded and signal for her to send her in.

A woman walked in not long after and shut the door behind her. Her dark brown hair was in a high bun, red lipgloss on her lips and silver studs on her ears. She was wearing a dark blue sheer blouse, a black pencil skirt and black heels to match. She shook his hand and introduced herself.

"Onika Maraj, nice to meet you" Her soft voice spoke. The moment their hands touched he took glimpsed at her face and something hit him.

"Excuse me a moment" He got up and left the room. He went in search of Mike, his best friend and work colleague. He soon spotted his friend in the lunch room chatting to a female colleague and drinking a cup of coffee. 

"Mike, it's her" Drake said. He was not even bothered that he disturbed a conversation. 

"Who?" Everyone in the office looked at them. Drake whispered in his ear to avoid anyone hearing.

"The girl I'm interviewing it's her, the one I slept with"

"She's here to get her money you better go back" Mike laughed. Drake ignored the laughter and went back to his office.

"Sorry about that" Drake cleared his throat and begin the interview. "So do you have any previous experience with a job like this?"

"If I'm being honest, no. But I did work-shadow at an office before and I have assisted someone before"

"Hmm... Okay" He wrote down what she said and wrote down some additional comments. "You are aware that you will be in here with me all day, 6 days a week"

"Yes, I am aware"

Drake went through the rest of the questions he had planned to ask and the interview was coming to a close. "Any questions?"

"I want an explanation as to why I woke up to find the guy who I hooked up with did not wait till at least the morning and say goodbye after having sex with me or be nice enough to leave a note, can you answer that?"

"Want to know why I didn't stay? I thought you were a hooker" 

"Do I look like a hooker?" She said with her arms across her chest. Drake gulped and shook his head.

"No but," Drake sighed. "You gave clear indications for me to think so. Money left near your bed and a draw full of condoms, does that not sound strange?"

"First of all, the money was from my last job I like to get paid in cash instead of having a check. I find it easier that way and I can tell if I'm being ripped off or not. And secondly, what is strange about a girl having condoms? Because some of you guys are too big or proud to get that yourself and there is nothing wrong with being safe"

He had nothing to say to her. He left his assumptions get the best of him. She laughed and shook her head.

"Can I make it up to you? Give me your number" He grabbed a piece of paper from his notepad and handed it to her with a pen.

"How unprofessional Mr. Graham" She took it from him and scribbled her number down for him then folded the note a few times.

Nicki stood up and placed the paper on his desk. "It was nice meeting you Mr. Graham", and with that she was gone.

Drake opened the note and was met by a nice little message. 'Nice try, go fuck yourself


~

Nicki had just had her shower and was lounging around. She was still in her bra and panties. It had been at least an hour since she showered. Her cereal bowl was next to her. The TV was on but on nothing she was interested in.

"I am the definition of lazy right now" She fell back on her bed. Just as her eyes closed, her phone rang.

"Hello?"

"This is Hilary Stone, calling on behalf of Aubrey Graham. Just letting you know that you have got the job, he is looking forward to see you on Monday at 9am"

Part 2, maybe?

11 comments:

  1. YESS! This Was So Good! Part 2 Please! Post Soon(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes yeesss chapter 2 pls pls, it's amazing and I love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:00 am

    Yesssssss, you're doing this based on the movie That Awkward Moment, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well sort of, I was inspired by the movie

      Delete
  4. Anonymous12:50 am

    Omg yessss you should definitely make a part 2. I'd love to see where this story goes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:19 am

    Omg yeess yesss yesss Part 2

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:48 am

    Yesssss I LOVE this pleaseeeeeeeeeee post part2

    ReplyDelete
  7. YESSSSSSS. Continue it pls

    ReplyDelete
  8. YESSSSSSS. Continue it pls

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:13 pm

    I just read all the stories on your blog. You are an amazing writer :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes yes yes yes part 2!! I need a part 2!!! I freaking love this plot!!! xo

    ReplyDelete