10 January 2014

Not Like This [Oneshot]

Nicki looked in the mirror fixing her hair; her hair was something she despised. It was curly and was a pain to maintain. It took her just over two hours to straighten it and her hair was now flowing down her back knot free - her boyfriend always said he liked her hair when it was straight so she tried to keep it straight for when she saw him. Grabbing her phone and keys, she went out the door and drove to her boyfriend’s apartment. 

They had been together for almost two years now. It was love at first sight for both of them. Their relationship was perfect until someone came along and nothing was ever the same. 

She knocked on the door and got no reply. She then remembered that she had a key so she unlocked the door and walked in.

"Hello?" She called from the bottom of the stairs. Nicki sighed and went to his room expecting him to be there. He wasn't. She decided to go ask his brother where he was. He shared the apartment with him. She knocked and opened the door.

"Aubrey, have you," Aubrey was stood there with his towel around his waist and his body glistening with water droplets. Nicki's mouth almost dropped at the sight. From the moment they met, Nicki had a little crush on him but never acted on her feelings since she was happy with Daniel but that over a year ago. Aubrey was like her little brother, they talked about everything even the problems she was having with Daniel. Aubrey was younger than Daniel and slightly more attractive well to her anyways.

"I'm sorry but have you seen Daniel?"

"Yeah, he went out like 10 minutes ago. Don't know when he'll be back"

"Oh right" Nicki turned to walk out but Aubrey stopped her and turned her around making her look up into his eyes. 

"You can stay here and wait for him, I'm sure he won't be long"

"Okay" She sat on the edge of his bed while he grabbed his clothes and went to the bathroom to finish getting changed. 

"We haven't spoken in a while, what's up?" He said as he sat on the bed next to her. 

"A lot" Nicki tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Want to talk about it?"

"Okay so, I don't know why but I don't feel he's been 100 percent honest with me you know"

"He as in my brother?"

"Yeah. The other day we were hanging out or whatever you call it and his phone rang. Obviously I thought nothing of it then he answered the call but went out of the room to talk. He talks mad loud if you haven't noticed and I heard him say," Nicki cleared her throat and put on a deep voice "'Nah, baby I'll be over in a minute, I love you too' and there's been other times where I've heard him say similar things over the phone but I love him and trust him too much"

"I'm going to be honest with you since you're like a sister to me" Drake sighed. "It does sound like he is cheating on you,"

Nicki stood up and walked back and forth across the room. "I knew it, I'm such an idiot. No wonder I get taken advantage of"

After watching her ramble, Drake got up and blocked from walking across him again. She had tears streaming down her face. "Nicki, calm down. I never said he is"

"But you gave me no reason not to believe that he's not"

"Why would he do this to me? After everything" 

"Because he doesn't see how special you are"

"And what you do?" Nicki said laughing.

"I do" He looked at her with lust in his eyes and she soon found herself leaning in. Her heart started beating faster as they inched closer to each other. Nicki's and Drake's eyes closed as their lips touched and tingled. A spark shot through their bodies. He pulled away and their eyes opened. Nicki froze and remembered what just happened.

"I've got to go. Tell him I stopped by or whatever" She ran out the room and out of the house.

~

"Of course not baby. I love you more than I love her. We'll be together soon don't worry. She'll be out of the picture soon, I promise"

Drake was outside eavesdropping on his brother's conversation. He was shocked at what he was hearing, how could his brother do something like that to someone as sweet as Nicki.

"Hold on, yeah?" Drake knocked and walked in.

"It's just my brother" Daniel said to whoever was on the phone. Drake gave him a look and Daniel knew that they were going to have a serious talk.

"Crystal I'll talk to you later, bye" He hung up and waited for Drake to talk. "So"

"Who's crystal?"

"Just a friend"

"A friend you call baby?"

"So you listen to my conversations now?"

"Drop the act. Why are you cheating on her?"

"Cheating? On who?"

"I said drop the fucking act"

"Calm down nigga! Why do you care anyway?"

"I don't!" He lied through his teeth. 

"I don't care about her. She was a good fuck and that but she can't and doesn't satisfy me like Crystal"

"So you decide to cheat on her?"

"I didn't want to break up with her, she's my sideline. She's probably sleeps around too, the bitch" Drake launched at him knocking him off his bed. Drake slammed Daniel against the floor and punched him in the face.

"Don't disrespect her like that!"

"You care about her hoe ass more than I do" Daniel shouted back. They fought and fought until their mother came, she came over every week to check on both of them and to check if the house was clean, and broke them up.

"How childish of both of you? Get your act together. Daniel you're supposed to be the older one, why did you fight him?"

"Mum, he started,"

"I don't care, Aubrey you're spending the week with me and your dad go pack a bag. I can't believe I'm doing this" She shook her head at both of them.

~

"I need to talk to you, are you at home?" Nicki bit her lip in anticipation. She hadn't talked to him in over a month now, school was keeping her busy and she felt bad.

"Nah but you can go over, shrimp is there"

"Alright, see you in a bit"

"Bye" He hung up. Nicki pulled her hair up in a high ponytail and made her way over to his. She knocked  and Drake opened the door halfway.

"What you doing here?"

"Well I came to see Daniel,"

"He's not here so you can come back later" He turned to close the door.

"I know he said he'll be back so I'd thought I'd spend some time with you until he comes"

"I don't know about that"

"You never minded before" Drake sighed and opened the door. "What happened to your face?"

"Daniel happened"

"Tell me all about it" Nicki pushed him out the way and closed the door. Drake began explaining what happened.

"Hold on, you got in a fight over me?"

"No but yes"

"See I knew I shouldn't have kissed you that day, I knew it was wrong but I liked you and even worse you're my boyfriend's brother and I bet you like me too now and I've ruined brothership. I should have left that day when you asked me to stay and none of this would have happened. I've ruined everything"

"You ramble a lot. I liked you before the kiss, the kiss just made my feelings strong and I'm not going to act on them because it's wrong. Daniel disrespected you and I couldn't stand it and I resulted to solve it with violence which was also wrong"

"Let me call Daniel to see where he is and I'll break up with him and get out of both of your lives" Nicki quickly dialled his number. 

"Hello?" He answered.

"Where are you?"

"Baby who's on the phone?" She heard a voice say in the background.

"Shut up!" He said covering the speaker on his phone "I'm... I'm on my w-way back from... uh the store" He struggled to say as Crystal was on her knees in front of him giving him head. 

"You cheating bastard. Fuck you and her" She hung up and screamed.

"I heard him cheating on me. I was right" Drake hugged her and she sniffled. 

"See I wish I dated you instead of him, you care about me way more than he does" Drake released her from the hug and she kissed his cheek softly.

"I'll see you around" She left herself out.

Didn't turn out the way I wanted it but eh. Not continuing this so don't bother asking. 

2 comments:

  1. What a shame that your not continuing it... i liked it. there was a lot of stuff in there like all juicy and dramatic, i also like the concept of Drake haven an older brother so maybe you could put that type of thing in another story?? Daniel cheating self tho... he nasty but Nicki and Drake actually could have gotten somewhere. Anyways thanks for the post! It was good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel was flat out wrong for how he did Nicki & cheated. At least Drake was there for her and they fought even though that's his brother it wasn't right.. But awesome post ! Always love your one shots.

    ReplyDelete