17 January 2014

In The Public Eye [Part 2]

“Alright from the top”

Nicki was lip-singing to the music while doing her choreographed dance to the song. She turned around to look at Lydia who was watching her from near the back of the studio and saw Drake walk in. Her mood immediately changed from happy to annoyed but she finished off her rehearsal. It had been just over two months since they last saw each other. They were both busy with their careers. Drake had been forced to come and watch her so they could become at least civilised with each other. He was enjoying watching her, he had to admit she was a good performer and the way she danced was memorising. The song cut off and Nicki put her hands on her knees breathing heavily. 

"That was great. If you work as hard as you just did, that performance is going to be out of this world" Lauren, her choreographer, said and gave her a high five. Nicki smiled at her before falling to the ground.

"So over dramatic" Lauren laughed.

Nicki eventually got up and grabbed her bottle of water drinking half of it. She noticed Lydia was gone again. She rolled her eyes and picked up her bag and walked over to Drake.

"You were good" Nicki looked at him totally unconvinced he was telling the truth. "I'm not joking, take it or leave it"

"Thanks, where did Lydia go?"

"She didn't say but she told me to bring you home"

"Fine" Drake went out to bring his car to the front of the studio while Nicki said bye to everyone. The car ride was silent, No one knew how to start a conversation neither did they want to. Nicki was grateful when he pulled up outside her home, she opened the door to get out and stopped.

"Do you want to come in?"

"Yeah, thanks" That was probably the nicest thing he had said to her since they met. She walked in front of him so she could let them in. Drake watched her walk and admired her body, even though she was wearing sweatpants he could see her ass and somehow he could still see her curvy figure through her top, he was so distracted he didn't hear her shout him.

"Drake!"

"Huh?"

"Are you just going to stand there or are you coming in?" Drake walked in and she locked the door.

"I'm going to have a shower because I stink"

"Tell me about it" He smirked at her.

"Shut up, I didn't ask you" She ran up the stairs leaving Drake by himself. He wondered around looking around. One thing he did notice was all her paintings of Marilyn Monroe. He ended up in the lounge and flopped down on her couch waiting for her. She came down in some cotton shorts and a tank top with her face make up free, she flopped down next to him and opened her mac-book. 

"What do you want to do?"

"Chill"

"Alright. Wanna watch a movie or," She was stopped mid-sentence by Skype. She answered the call and it was Mark.

"Hope you're not busy"

"I wasn't" 

"Right so I called to talk about the awards," Nicki put the laptop on her table and sat back on the couch.

"Oh great, you're together saves me having to call a meeting. Anyway back to business. So the awards are next week and you two are going together, that means walking the carpet together and sitting together ironically your seats are next to each other. I presume you will both get interviewed so beware of that. Me and Wayne have made decided you two will kiss at the awards that way it will show you two are dating. If Drake wins either of his awards, you will hug and Drake will kiss your cheek however if Nicki wins her awards you will lip-lock, no tongues involved. If I was you, I would practice kissing so it does not look stiff at the awards. And before you start complaining, stiff kisses can happen and I don't want you two to embarrass yourselves. That's all, I'll talk to you both later. Bye" Mark ended the chat before either of them could say anything.  

"Nah that is some bullshit"

"Tell me about it"

Drake licked his lip and looked away, and Nicki bit her lip and played with her nails. "What about it we do it right now?"

"Do what?"

"Kiss, you dumbass. That way it's out of the way and we don't have to worry about it. You're not nervous, are you?"

"Fuck no, I ain't scared of shit" Drake lied. Obviously he was nervous, he honestly forgot about how you have to kiss when you date. It may sound stupid but it was true. Now it has to happen in public so everyone can see. What if he wasn't a good kisser? What if she wasn't?

"You start" Nicki instructed him. Drake leaned in and Nicki scooted closer to him resting her hand on his knee to balance herself. She felt his plump lips brush against hers. It was only supposed to be one kiss but neither pulled away. They kissed again and Drake's hand ended up in her waist. Nicki sat herself up as she felt his tongue lick her bottom lip and deepened the kiss. A small moan escaped her lips and Drake pulled her onto of him making her straddle him. She lifted her hips and ran her fingers through his hair. She had no idea why they were still kissing or why she liked it - loved it so much. Now both of his hands were on her waist holding her down. The struggle to breath was real. She slowly began to grind against his crotch and Drake groaned in response. Lydia used her key to unlock the door and hummed a tune to herself as she locked it again. She searched most of downstairs and realised that Nicki was in the lounge. She turned around the corner and saw something unexpected. Nicki and Drake had pulled away by this time and were just staring at each other clearly out of breath. They both heard footsteps and Drake pushed Nicki onto the floor. Lydia walked in and saw Nicki on the floor and Drake on Nicki's laptop. 

Lydia eyed both of them and set her stuff down before going to the bathroom. 

"Ouch!" Nicki finally said. "What was that? That fucking hurt"

"I panicked" 

She dusted herself off and noticed she grazed her elbow. "Look what you did"

"It's not that bad"

"I'm bleeding!"

"Calm your tits"

"They are calm, I should sue"

"And the award for the biggest drama queen goes to," He made drum noises. "Nicki Minaj, congratulations"

"Get out of my house" Drake laughed and put her laptop down.

"Until next time baby" was the last thing he said to her before he was out the door. Drake was driving home when his phone beeped, he asked Siri to check it for him and it told him he had been mentioned in a tweet.

@NICKIMINAJ: @Drake is a meanie :(

He used Siri to tweet her back.

@Drake: @NICKIMINAJ you know I love you.

Drake arrived home and saw a black Mercedes parked up. That only meant one thing his friends were over. He walked in and heard their loud voices.

"He's finally here, we've been waiting"

"I'm here now" Drake sat on the sofa stretching out his legs.

"I heard you're dating again so tell me about her" Ryan said.

"Not really dating, shit's fake"

"You're not dating then?" Noah questioned.

"I am"

"And I thought you score big time, Nicki Minaj is hot" Ryan stated.

"She is but we hate each other" 

"You hate each other but are dating?" Both guys said.

"It's complicated, it's just not real and y'all can't tell anyone that is fake" He warned even though they were his best friends and he knew he could trust them.

"What were you doing then?"

"I was at her house"

"Keep going"

"Chilling"

"Really?"

"Eh almost, we were chilling then had a video call with her manager then we kissed" Drake shrugged.

"Holy shit, you kissed?!"

"Yeah"

"Tell us about it then"

"Y'all are like girls I swear. We're going to the awards together and we have to kiss so we practiced and ended up almost fucking"

"You really do have that effect on ladies"
~

"So what were you two doing when I walked in?" Lydia finally asked.

"Play fighting"

"You never were a good liar but I'll leave it alone since you don't want to talk about it"

"Thank God" Nicki whispered to herself.

"Because you're feeling Drake" Nicki opened her mouth to argue that she wasn't but she would be lying so she kept quiet and waited for Lydia to do her job.


~

Nicki's album had finally come out after almost a year of working on it and making it perfection. She had called it 'Pink Friday'. She had many interviews to promote her debut album. The day had literally just begun and she had already had two interviews. Her next one was with power 106, she liked the people there so it would not be as bad. When she arrived to the station, she could hear thousands of her fans screaming for her. It was still strange to her that she had fans, she still didn't see herself as famous just a girl who liked to make music. She waved and blew kisses as she walked into the building.

"I LOVE YOU NICKI!" A fan shouted.

"I LOVE YOU TOO!" She shouted back. She walked through the building and got into the elevator. She went straight to the room her interview was in and sat in a seat.

"If they ask you a question and you don't know how to answer it or you don't want to, change the subject" Lydia whispered in her ear.

"Alright" Nicki nodded and put on her headphones.

Big Boy:  Big boy's neighborhood. We have Nicki Minaj in the neighborhood. She is looking so good right now.

Nicki: Hey and thank you. You look good too.

Big Boy: You're just being nice right now cause I look a mess. You look like you thought that you would strut in here looking all nice and make us look like filth.

Nicki: That is not true honestly, I threw this one this morning. I'm exhausted, it's what 11 o'clock and I've had 2 interviews already, I must look bad.

Big Boy: Don't believe her. So let's get this started. First question, when did you first start rapping? 

Nicki: I actually don't remember but I used to freestyle in high school but I wouldn't call that rapping because they were not that good but I thought they were at the time. I didn't take my rapping seriously till after high school though and I decided I wanted to make a career out of it.

Big Boy: So you've been doing this for a long time then?

Nicki: You could say that yeah.

The interview went on and they discussed her album to her songs to her rocketing career. Then the question she had been waiting for came up.

Big Boy: So by your face I know you were waiting for it. There has been photos, videos and blogs about you and a certain someone do you want to elaborate on that?

Nicki: Well I don't know the person's name so you might have to elaborate.

Big Boy: So everyone knows who Drake is, right? He's big all over you must know him. We have seen pictures of you two on a date and out and about so what is going on?

Nicki: We know each other, we meet up every so often that's it.

Mark had told her not to officially announce they were dating until the awards.

Big Boy:  Hmm but what about your tweet to him and his tweet back to you?

Nicki: We had a 'fight' and he made me hurt my elbow, I tweeted that he was a meanie and he tweeted that he loves me. Buuuut, that's what people say after they hurt someone so it was nothing serious.

Big Boy: Are you dating anyone right now, Miss Minaj?

Nicki: Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. You figure it out. 


Should I move this and make it a full blown story or just keep it as it is? Anyways, 3 comments or more :*

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:43 pm

    Ahhh love it they really gone start liking each other so stop play nic $ drake speed it up get together already fr fr not go play either lol $ yes u should turn it into a story

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:25 am

    I lovveeeee this continuee please !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:04 am

    You should DEFINATELY continue!!!!! This story is really great I love it! Can't wait for them to admit they're into each other!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That kiss woooh.. & they know they're feeling each other way more than they act. But you should turn this into a story. & I love there love-hate relationship. Good update! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitley a story maybe a short story though cause idk it doesn't seem like it could be that long but we'll see what you have planne. Can't wait and thanks so much for posting❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:21 am

    LOVE THIS!!!!!!!! please continue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it should be a short story!!! I absolutely love this! I'm sure at somepoing they will admit they really do like each other. But I love the plot and the fact they hate each other right now....well nicki doesn't hate him.
    But I'm sure Drake is probably starting to catch feelings for her. Like I said, you should really continue it cuz it's amazingggg!!!! XO

    ReplyDelete