11 July 2013

What You Do For Love [Part 1/2]

"I don't want you seeing him anymore, do you hear me?"

"You can't control who I date anymore! I'm not a child"

"I do not care, I am still your mother and you will do as I say"

"Its been two years, get over it!"

Nicki always made good choices when it came down to the important things but one bad choice according to her parents led to something no one expected.


~


About 2 years ago...


She looked at the building and sighed before walking in and going to the desk. "May I help you?"

"Uh yeah, I have this history exam next week and I need a book on the civil rights?"

"I'll show you where they are" The librarian said and got up from her seat. As they walked to one of the many bookshelves, Nicki spotted a guy that she thought was cute. After getting the book she wanted, Nicki took the seat next to him. He looked up at her before looking back down at his book.

"Hi" Nicki said.

The guy did not say anything back, he just keep reading his book.

"Did you hear me? I said hi"

"I know" He whispered back.

"So why didn't you say it back?"

"You should not be talking to me, I'm nothing but trouble"

"Oh well, you seem like a nice person" The librarian looked over and shh'd her. Nicki rolled her eyes.

"You're the only person that's said that to me... Like ever" He said quietly in case the librarian could hear him. 

"So how old are you?"

"19"

"Oh, I'm 16 almost 17" The two had a quiet general conversation before Nicki saw the time.

"Well I've got to go now but I would like to talk to you some other time, if that's okay with you?"

He nodded so Nicki took his hand and wrote her number down. "Call me or text me... Drake" She said before grabbing her bag and dashing off.

~

Nicki walked the short distance from her house to his. Using the key he gave her, she unlocked the door and walked into the dark house.

"Hello," Nicki was cut off by a knife being held to her throat.

Nicki froze and looked down at the knife then looked back up at Drake. He had an evil glare in his eyes, he kept staring at her before he broke out of it and laughed.

"What is so funny?" Nicki asked still a bit shaken up.

"How scared you were, you never thought I would hurt you did you?"

"I don't know anymore" She said and walked over to his couch. 

"I could never harm you in anyway. I, I, I love you" Drake said.

"You love me?" Drake sat down on the couch next to her and placed the knife on the table.

"Yeah, you're the only person I've talked to that hasn't ran away from me and stayed with me through thick and thin"

The whole situation was confusing to Nicki and she didn't know whether to say it back. Nicki smiled at him. Drake moved closer to her and held her hand pulling her closer to him. 

"So don't you feel the same way?"

"Of course I do. You -" She was cut off Drake's lips coming in contact with hers. Nicki kissed him back and their kisses got more passion filled. All of a sudden, they fell forward on the couch with Nicki on the bottom and Drake on top. Drake's hands moved to join hands with Nicki's, as they did Nicki felt the roughness of his hands along with a few of his scars but that didn't stop her from holding them.

The next morning, Nicki woke up and found herself naked. She smiled to herself as she remembered the night she just had. She carefully climbed out of bed and went to use the bathroom. When she came out, she put her clothes back on and shook Drake. Unaware of who shook him, Drake grabbed Nicki's wrists and pinned her to the bed. 

"Baby girl, you need to stop sneaking up on me like that"

"I'm really going to fuck you up, one day"

"I'd love to see you try" 

~

Nicki and Drake were sat in a park late at night. The only light surrounded them were the street lights and the light radiating from the moon. The couple sat on the swings, swinging back and forth in comfortable silence before Drake spoke.

"How could you love someone like me?"

"What do you mean?"

"I've recently been released from a mental institution and I was in the mental institution so I wouldn't have to go to jail. I could go back easily if someone suspected me of something, the police told me when I was released"

"So but you're better now right?"

"Yes" He lied through his teeth.

"You know even if you were not better, I would still love you the same way. You can help who you love, I can't help that I'm in love with you and I don't want to stop loving you""

"I don't understand! I've killed people! KILLED! I got knifes and guns and murdered people!"

"But you had a reason to"

"Nicki, I don't need a reason to kill someone I just do. That's why I'm so dangerous and need to stay away from people"

~

"So where are you taking me?" Nicki asked sweetly looking out of the car window.

"I've got to get away" Drake said and continued driving.

"Get away from what? Whatever you've done we can sort it... Together"

"I killed someone"

"What? Why?"

"I went to the shop to get some groceries and the man in the shop tried to report me to the police because he thought I was stealing from him"

"Nothing would have happened"

"You do not know that, that's why I had to take drastic measures. The police are going to be onto me soon."

"You didn't have to fucking kill him though" Drake couldn't take it anymore, he slammed down on the brakes. Luckily they were driving in an area where they were practically no cars.

"If you don't want to come with me, you can go" He said as calmly as he could.

"I don't want to go" 

Drake took a few moments to calm himself down before glancing over at her.

"You know if I keep going, there is no turning back"

"I know"

"You really want to do this?"

"Umm hmm, I cant live without you" Drake put the car back in drive and drove down the long narrow road. They had been driving for hours and Nicki was starting to panic.

"How long till we get there?"

"A few days"

"Where are we going?"

"Across the border"

"Why are we going so far?"

"Because if we can get past there, we can live a happy life together. No worries about anything, I promise"

Nicki sighed and leaned back on her seat. It got to 10pm and Drake was ready to stop somewhere so he could get some sleep. He looked over and saw Nicki sleeping with her head resting on the window. He ended up in a city he had never seen or heard of before. He saw a sign saying there was a hotel 3 miles away and he continued driving. Once he reached the hotel, he parked the car in the car park and woke up Nicki. They got a room under a false name. In the hotel room, Nicki stripped down to her underwear and got into the bed while Drake closed all the curtains. After he did that he took off his shirt and jeans, leaving him in his boxers and climbed into bed too.  He cuddled close to Nicki and kissed her forehead. "I love you" Drake whispered before he fell asleep.

The next morning, Drake woke up early and got showered and put on the clothes he was wearing before. He checked his wallet to see how much money he had then he put his wallet back in his back pocket and woke Nicki up. Once she was dressed, they grabbed all of their belongings, leaving no trace of them staying there. While they were getting signed out, the hotel desk clerk was playing the radio.

The police are looking for a man about 6 foot tall, he is of a caramel complexion and has a faded haircut. The man shot a corner shop worker dead and fled the scene. He was last seen in a mercedes BMW, the registration plate is 4329AG.





Oh and the people that don't know new post on Love Letters: http://bit.ly/134s 




2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:27 pm

    Omg!! I loooved this its soo different and interesting!! POST SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:19 am

    I like this new concept!!! But nooo! I hope he dont get caught!! Bad boy Drake is sooo sexy!! Follow me @triniminajo

    ReplyDelete