18 July 2013

Maid To Be Together [1/2]

"It's been a month and I still don't have a job" Nicki said to herself. She had been struggling to pay her share of the rent, she was lucky she was really close with her housemate Sierra, so Sierra had been letting her off. Nicki went to get herself a newspaper so she could search through the job section. She went into a cafe, ordered herself a coffee and looked at all the available jobs. After crossing some off, Nicki was left with two options; a maid or working in a butchers. She decides to go for the maid job and calls the number.

"Hello? Yes, I wanted to apply for the job as a maid... Hmm... I'm free tomorrow... 11am? That's fine. Okay see you then, goodbye" Nicki hung up the phone and smiled. I need to get this job.

The next day, Nicki got up at 9. Immediately she got into the shower and brushed her teeth. Wanting to make a good first impression, Nicki picked out a cream gold button sleeveless shirt with black jeans and cream lace trimmed brogues. Once she had eaten breakfast, she locked the house and walked to the bus station. She got onto a bus that brought her to Manhattan and then got on another one to take her to Morningside Heights. Following the directions on her map app on her phone, she arrived at the house. Oh My God. She gulped at the site of the house, it was huge and looked really posh. Taking a deep breath, Nicki walked up the stairs and to the front door. She knocked twice and waited. An old but distinguished black man opened the door, "Hello you must be applying for the maid position, am I correct?"

"Yes you are"

"Well then, come inside" The man opened the door wider and allowed Nicki to step in. She was greeted by an older looking woman. The man told her to sit on the sofa.

"Oh my bad, I didn't introduce myself. I'm Dennis Graham but you can me Mr. Graham or Dennis" He held his hand out for Nicki to shake and she did.

"I'm Nicki, nice to meet you Mr. Graham"

"And I'm Mrs. Graham. You can call me Sandi or Mrs. Graham"

They had a little chat where they got to know each other, Nicki found out that they both were lawyers before they got down to business.  

"So when are you able to start?" 

"Anytime"

"That's great! I have one question though, how do feel out a uniform? I don't mind if you don't want to wear one, it’s just wearing one would be better than getting your clothes dirty"

"I don't mind wearing one" Nicki smiled.

"What size are you?" Dennis asked. After getting the appropriate details and writing them down. Nicki was fine with everything they were saying and the Graham's were pleased with her and she got the job. Sandi told Nicki that she would be working twice a week, Tuesday and Friday. Once everything was situated, Nicki shook hands with both of them and made her out of the door.

8am that following Tuesday, Nicki was making her way to the Graham's. They told her 8:30am since they had to go to work at 9 but Nicki thought if she was early it would be a good thing. She arrived at their house 10 minutes early, she dilly dallied a bit then walked up and knocked on the door.

Dennis let her in and was impressed with how she is on time and eager to work. Sandi told her that they had got her uniform. It was a black and white French maid’s apron and they had got her a pair of white knee high socks. Nicki tried it on and it fit her perfectly.  She left her things in the spare bedroom. 

"Since you're here early, we can set off. Here's the spare key," Dennis grabbed the key off the hook. "When you're finished, lock up and leave it under the 5th plant pot in the garden"

Nicki nodded and took it from him. Sandi and Dennis said goodbye and went to their cars so they could go to work.  She began cleaning the living room that was very spacious, she started hovering the floor and turning it from grey to the white colour it originally was. She dusted the TV and other electrical appliances, wiping the table and surrounding of the fireplace down. When she finished, she went on to clean the kitchen. Once all downstairs was finished, Nicki hovered the stairs and went upstairs. First she cleaned Sandi and Dennis' room, picking up the dirty clothes , cleaning it and spreading their bed then went onto what she assumed was their son's room. After the bathroom was clean, she went around cleaning the rest of the house. Once she was finished, she changed out of her work attire and put on her clothes. It was 3pm by the time she had finished. She gave the house a quick scan making sure she had cleaned everywhere then locked up leaving the key where she was supposed to and caught the next bus home.

A while later, she arrived home and was exhausted. Sierra was on the sofa watching TV and Nicki flopped down next to her. Sierra turned around to face her.

"So how was it?"

"Not that bad actually, the house was huge! But the people I'm working for are nice. They live in Manhattan and I've never seen a house like theirs. I was like Cinderella but I wasn't slaving away. They even gave me a uniform..." Nicki went on tell her how her day went on. The two spent the rest of the night talking and watching TV.

The next morning, Sierra was going to work and heard their mail being delivered. She picked them up and left Nicki's on the table in the living room. Nicki woke up about 3 hours later and had a long shower. She threw on some sweats and a top, she was spending the day at home. She made herself some breakfast and watched some TV as she ate.  As she was putting her plate down, she noticed her mail. She opened them and was surprised to see one with just her name on. The envelope contained a letter. The letter said, 'Hello Nicki, we saw what a great job you did at cleaning our home and we are very grateful so here's an early paycheck', she then saw a check that said 200 dollars. Nicki couldn't believe it, she was so inexperienced and for them to say that made her feel good. She stared at the check, smiling at it like an idiot. 





Later that week, Nicki was back at the Graham's cleaning. She had their stereo on and is singing at the top of her lungs as she hovers. She was so into the song, she didn't hear the door open and close. She pushed the hoover forward then back and she bumps into something. That something is the Graham's son. The young gentlemen laughs and Nicki turned off the hoover.


"You're a great singer" Nicki shyly looked away. He put his hand out and waited for Nicki to shake it. After she did, he introduced himself. 


"I don't know if my mum and dad told you about me, but I'm Aubrey their son", Nicki smiled at him and he gave her a look waiting for her to say something back. 


"I'm the maid but you probably can tell that my uniform but my name's Onika" 


"You look really young considering you're a maid, how old are you? If you don't mind me asking" 


"I'm not that young, I'm 20"


"As if, I'm 21" Drake was about to say something else to her but then he realised he disturbed her so he let her go back to cleaning while he went up to his room. Nicki felt embarrassed about her singing and turned off the stereo leaving the house in silence. She finished off the room she was doing and moved onto the other rooms located downstairs. The time comes where she has finished cleaning the lower level of the house and she makes her way upstairs. She did the Graham's bedroom first. The room was not that dirty but she couldn't say it was clean,she picked up the odd clothes that were on the floor and spread their bed, after putting all the dirty clothes in a pile outside the door then decided to do the next bedroom where Drake was. Outside the door she heard a beat playing and his voice sweetly singing "If we were a secret, how long could you keep it? Keep it to yourself don't tell nobody else". His voice was doing something to her but she knew she had to finish working. Nicki knocked lightly and Drake stopped the music and opened the door. 


"Is it okay if I clean your room?" Nicki asked shyly.


"Sure, that's what you're here to do right?" Drake smiled. Nicki let out a giggle and walked into the room. 


"I'll go downstairs for a bit, I don't think you'll be able to concentrate with me and my music playing" About 30 minutes later, the room was spotless. The floor was clean and all his clothes were picked up. Drake walked into his room and looked, his room had never looked so clean. 


"Wow. You're amazing, this is the cleanest my room has ever been. Not even my mom can clean it like this" Drake said. Nicki blushed slightly and unplugged the hoover, she began to put the wire back in but Drake stopped her. 


"You've done enough, I'll do that for you" Drake did as he said. 


Nicki was about to walk over to drag the hoover out of his room but Drake lifted it up and brought it downstairs back to its original space. Nicki bit her lip. 'I think I'll enjoy working here' she thought, following his lead picking up the pile of clothes and bringing them down to put in the laundry. 


Just over an hour later, Nicki had completely finished. All the dirty clothes had been washed and dried and put back in the wardrobes. The two other bedrooms in the house had been cleaned too. She grabbed her bag and went to say goodbye to Drake. She lightly knocked and he opened the door.


"Are you going now?" 


"Yeah I wanted to say goodbye" 


"Oh, see you later. Do you need a lift home?" 


"No, no. I'll catch the bus, see you next week" 


Nicki walked away. Even though Drake was there, she locked the door and put the key in the secret hiding place. She walked down to the bus stop with a smile on her face. Met him once and developed a little crush on him, wow.





Six months later, Nicki is still the Graham's maid but things are different. She now works for them three times a week and her and Drake have become very close. Nicki is in Drake's room trying to clean but he keeps distracting her. 

"You better clean in those heels with your bad ass" He flirts.


She pushes him off his bed so she can spread the bed and when she does he jumps back on it, messing it back up. 


"You idiot" She said and turned away from him.  


"Lighten up, I'll fix it" He chuckles and pulls her down onto the bed. 


"Get off me. I need to clean!" Nicki said trying to get out of his grasp. 


"You can do it later, chill with me" Drake smiled and Nicki looked at him. 


"You know I would love to but your parents would not be happy" 


"Maybe this will change your mind" Drake placed his hand on her cheek and connected their lips. Nicki forgot all about what she was supposed and kissed him back. Drake took advantage of the situation and roll them over, making him be on top in control. They kiss and kiss, sending electricity through both of their bodies. It wasn't until Nicki felt Drake's hand slip under her apron and grace her thigh, she pulled away staring at him. He licked his lips at her and got up off of her. Nicki walked off and went to the bathroom. Drake put his head in hands thinking he did something wrong but he didn't, Nicki just went to fix her lipstick. 


When she came out and returned to Drake's room, she saw him looking down at the floor. She sighed and walked over to him and lifted his head with her finger. "Aye look up, you didn't do anything wrong. You did everything right, I was just a bit taken back" 


Drake was looking at her blankly so she kissed him and slowly pulled back. She grabbed her duster and strutted out of the room. Nicki was in the kitchen cleaning the surfaces when she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket.


Aubrey: Just be mine? 

Onika: Come and ask me.

Nicki put her phone back in the pocket of the apron and finished wiping the surface. Drake received her text and smirked. He grabbed his demo CD and walked down to the living room. He put the CD in the stereo and played the first track and began to sing along. When he reached Nicki, it came to the part he really wanted to say.


Take me I'm yours and I don't really care who knows it. 

Can you afford to be open with all these emotions? 
If you were a secret how long could you keep it? 
Keep it to yourself don't tell nobody else.

Nicki had been watching him the whole time. He thought he was doing well since she was giggling at him but She moved and went to turn off the music.


"Hey I didn't finish!" Drake said to her.


"Yes you are"


"So what did you think? And can you answer my question?"


"The song was great, if I say yes will you let me finish?"


"Yes"


"Then yes I will be yours"


"Good and I knew you would say yes because if you didn't I would tell my dad that you stole from us"


"Yeah right" Nicki laughed.











*Before any of you say anything, it says maid not made for a reason. This was another idea that popped into my head. I originally made it into a three part short story but I couldn't be bothered to finish each part of. since they were only snippets*

5 comments:

  1. i really loved this!!! so please finish it because i really wanna know what happens next!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:56 pm

    I knew it was like that 4 a reason, I already knew! Lol. But this was great, almost like Devious Maids: Dricki Edition! Lol, look @ me. Love it! Follow me @triniminajo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:45 pm

    I loved it! !!! You should definitely continue it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was great. Nicki is a boss at cleaning man Like seriously. What does Drake do? Nothing? Is he some spoiled rich kid that doesn't have to work so he hangs out at home all day? Anyway Im glad they're together now but I dont think Drake's parents will like it. I agree you should really make another part... please :) This story is cute and I need more intimate scenes!

    ReplyDelete