11 May 2013

Untitled [Oneshot]


Nicki walked into the house she shared with her husband, she had had a long day at the office and all she wanted to do was cuddle up to him and relax. Nicki locked the door and expected to see Aubrey, her husband, waiting in the living room for her like he always did but today he wasn't.

She took off her heels and set them near the door.

"Babe, I'm home"

He must be upstairs.

Nicki walked up the stairs and saw their bedroom door cracked open.

"Hey, how come you didn't answer me?"

"I didn't hear you, sorry"

"So how was work?"

"Stressful"

"Are you sure about that?"

"Sure about what?" Nicki asked as she walked into the wardrobe to change into something more casual.

"This is the second time this week, you've come home late"

"So? I've told you before, my manager keeps giving me extra jobs to do and I can't turn them do"

"I'm starting to believe you're cheating on me"

"What?"

"I said I think you're cheating on me"

"Why would you think that?"

"The late nights, sometimes your clothes are different when you come home and you spend time with that guy after too. I've been thinking about this a long time now but after tonight, I know I was right"

Nicki sighed. "That guy is one of my friends at work, we hang out sometimes but that's it I swear"

"You know I trusted you" Drake got up and walked out the bedroom door.

"Where are you going?" Nicki chased after him.

"Out." Drake grabbed his coat off the rack and put it on. "I just need sometime alone"

"Don't walk out! We need to talk" He ignored her and walked out the house.

Why is this happening to me right now?

"What should I do?" Nicki asked her mother over the phone.

"If you know you're not cheating on him try to explain it to him"

"I've tried. He's said he thought I had been cheating on him for a while now but he just decided to tell me and he walked out on me."

"Well baby, maybe he just needs space. When he's comes back, try explaining it to him again. I've got to go but call me later okay?"

"Okay, thank you. Love you"

"Love you too, bye"

"Bye"

Drake didn't come back home that night and Nicki was worried, she desperately wanted to call me him but she respected his wishes. The next day, Nicki went to work like everything was normal but everyone noticed something was different about her.

"Hey, what's wrong?" One of co-workers asked when he sat down at the lunch table next to her.

"My husband thinks I'm cheating on him" Nicki explained.

"What?"

"I know, and the thing is I'm not and he thinks it's with someone from work"

"Who?"

"You" Nicki said, taking a bite of out her sandwich.

"Me? I'm engaged, I would never want to jeopardize that or someone else's relationship"

"Safaree, how do I tell him I'm not?"

"Since he thinks you're cheating on him with me why don't I come over to yours and explain to him that you're not cheating on him especially with me?"

"I don't think that would solve it, he could think that I made you come over and say it to him"

"I have another idea and it doesn't involve me"

Nicki sighed, "Tell me what it is"

~

Drake had hopped on a plane to Toronto, his hometown, to spend some time with his mother.

"Aubrey, what are you doing here?" His mother asked him when she opened the door.

"I wanted to see my mum" Drake said as he gave her a hug.

"That's nice sweetie"

After talking to his mother for a bit, Drake went to his room to change his clothes. It's a good job, I always have clothes here. 

When he came back downstairs, he went straight to the kitchen to grab a snack. After eating his snack, Drake went back to the living room to talk to his mum.

"I forgot to ask you this earlier, where's Nicki?" Sandi asked.

"At home in LA" Drake simply answered.

"Why isn't she here with you?"

Drake ran his hand through his hair before answering, "We had a bit of an argument"

"Why? What over? You two seemed so happy"

"I think she's cheating on me so I told her about it and she denied it but I know I'm right so we argued a bit then I walked out"

"Aubrey, how do you know she's cheating on you?"

"I don't but a few times, she has come home later than she normally does and there's a guy at her job that seems really close with. A few times, her shirt is different not a different shirt, she will be wearing it different"

"Did you let her explain to you?"

"Not really. She said her schedule changed or something and the guy is one of her friends"

"There you go assuming things, she's your wife. Go home and talk it out with her"

"But ma, I just got here" Drake started.

"And now you can go." 

~

Meanwhile back in LA, Nicki had just finished work and was talking to her boss.

"Can I have a copy of my schedule please?"

"I thought I already gave you one" Her boss looked through her many files and finally found Nicki's s schedule. "Here"

"Thank you"

"You're welcome and remember you're working late tomorrow again"

One of the things that caused this problem.

Nicki smiled and walked out of her office.

"Did you get it?" Safaree asked.

"Yeah, thank you for helping me. I owe you one" Nicki gave him a hug before walking to her car.

"Yes you do!" He shouted at her.

~

Nicki arrived home to see Drake's car parked in their garage. She parked her car next to his and grabbed her bag out the seat next to her. 

It's now or never I guess.

When Nicki walked into the house, Drake was sat on the two-seater couch staring at the blank TV screen. She went upstairs to change out of her work gear like she always did, after getting changed Nicki went back downstairs and sat next to Drake on the couch.

"I know you're probably upset or angry with me. If I was in your position I would be too"

What is she trying to say? Is she cheating on me?

"You said that I come home sometimes and my shirt looks different, want to know why?"

Drake was ready to hear what he had been thinking.

"My office can get warm sometimes even with the air conditioning on so I take off my shirt and I just leave my tank top on. Then on my way home, I put it back on."

"Really?" Drake said finally acknowledging her.

"Yes, I swear on my life." Nicki said honestly.

"But what about these late nights?"

"My schedule, I'll show you" She went to grab her bag and searched through it for her work schedule. "Here"

Drake took it out of her hands and mentally read it. 

She was telling the truth about that...

"What about Sa... something"

"He and I are good friends. After work sometimes, we go out for something to eat. Nothing big, maybe like an ice cream or something. He's engaged and he doesn't even like me like that. If you still don't believe me, I can call him"

"You can call him, I want to know what he says about it" Nicki grabbed her phone from her   pocket and dialled his number.

"Hey... Yeah... He wants to talk to you, is that okay?... No... One second." After briefly explaining to Safaree, Nicki gave Drake her phone. Drake walked out the living room and went to the kitchen to talk.

About 5 minutes later, he came back and handed Nicki her phone.

"So?"

"I believe you, sorry for everything I caused" Drake said and sat down, pulling Nicki towards him.

"If you have any problems, you can tell me you know. I will be willing to go and see a counsellor" Nicki said getting comfy in his arms.

"From now on, we have to focus on each other. I'll promise to talk to you about any relationship problems we have if you promise to do the same"

"I promise" Drake leaned down and kissed her forehead. They spent the rest of the night solving any other issues they had, the couple were now back at where they wanted to be. Deeply in love with each other and at peace in their marriage.



2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:16 pm

    I like how different this was coz normally its Nicki that thinks Drake's cheating xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job. Ima start checking for ur stuff cause you have really good ideas and plots. I loved this a lot but Safaree just pretty much pisses me off in general. Ugh! Hes so annoying...

    ReplyDelete