9 January 2017

Not like this but like this

Found this in my drafts. A sort of continuation of not like this, enjoy :)

Drake woke up to loud banging and knocking. He clicked the home button on his phone and saw that it was only 1:43am. Dragging himself out of bed, he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and went to open the door. He wasn't prepared to see who was on the other side.

"Nicki, what are you doing here?" Nicki who was obviously drunk took another swing from her vodka bottle and lazily answered him.

"I-I wanted to uh speak to Daniel" Her words slurred and almost not understandable.

"He's not here"

"Oh," She hiccuped. "Tell him I called by" She spoke dragging every syllable in the short sentence and turned on her heel.

"Come here, silly girl" Drake took the bottle out of her hand and guided her into his apartment. "I'm not letting you go back out in that state, how did you even get here?"

"I don't know" She whispered then shrugged.

"Alright, let's get you to bed" He scooped her up in his arms and carried her to the guest room which used to be Daniel's. He pulled the sheets back with one arm and laid her down. One by one, he took off her high heels and placed them on the floor next to the bed and covered her with the comforter. Just as he moved away from her, she grabbed his arm.

"Don't leave me"

"I'll still be here in the morning, get some sleep" Drake eased her hand off him. He grabbed a shirt from the draw, a flesh flannel, toothbrush and a fresh pair of briefs and placed them at the end of the bed then turned off the lights retreating back to his room.

Nicki woke up feeling ill and groggy. She tried to lift herself up but fell back miserably. The room's spinning slowed down and came to a halt. She climbed out of bed only to trip over her oddly placed heels.

"Shit" She quickly got up and looked down at her slightly bruised knees. "I'm at Daniel's?" It only just dawned on her that it wasn't her bedroom. Noticing the fresh clothes and toiletries on the bed, she brought them in the bathroom with her and went to have a shower.

She descended down the stairs and headed straight for the kitchen as she smelled food being made.

She smiled seeing Drake shirtless flipping an egg in the pan. "I heard greasy food are the best remedy for a hangover"

"I don't know about that but I sure am hungry"

"Like always" He laughed and placed a plate full of oily food in front of her. A quick thank you and she dug in. Drake cleaned away the pans he used and started to wash up, just as he picked up the last piece of cutlery Nicki swooped in and put her plate in the soapy water.

"That was so nice, thank you again" Nicki stood on her tiptoes, wrapped her arms around his neck and softly kissed his cheek.

"So where is Daniel?"

"He didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?" Drake placed her plate in the drainer and dried his hands on a paper towel.

"He's getting married"

"Seriously?" It hurt Nicki to know that only a few months ago, they were together and she could see herself walking down the aisle to him. She had only broke things off with him less than three months ago.

"Yeah. He met someone, maybe a week after you guys broke up, he broke things off with that hoe he was cheating on you with. They got real deep within the first month, he introduced her to the family blah blah. Then he told me he was moving out to live with her and about two weeks ago out of the blue we were over at my mum's and he said he proposed"

Nicki felt her eyes water and soon enough she started crying. She was devastated. Drake scooted next to her and pulled her into her arms and held her as she let her emotions out.

"He moved on so fast. He's engaged! And here I am, single and wanting to work things out between us"

"This is going to be hard to hear, but you loved him more than he loved you and that's okay. Maybe his fiancè has something that you don't, maybe she's a freak in bed," He heard her giggle. "But that doesn't mean you're not worth it, you just wasn't worth it to him"

"But 2 years vs 3 fucking months. I just feel so stupid, but life goes on"

"That is true but you know what?"

Nicki grabbed the tissue Drake offered her and dried her eyes. "It's a good job I washed my face because the sight would not have been pretty"

"You're beautiful. No makeup on and hair tied up and looking prettier than you do all dressed up"

"Really?"

"Definitely"

"You're the first guy that's ever said that to me, thank you" Nicki smiled and Drake smiled back at her.

"Well I should get going. Thank you for looking after me in my drunkenness and everything. How about we go out for a drink?" Drake raised his eyebrow at her. "Alright, maybe not. What about we go out for dinner? Call it my way of returning your help?"

"I would like that"

"Good, now can I have a bag to put my things in and can I get a lift home please?"

"Sure thing"

~

"I hope you don't mind staying in" Nicki opened her apartment door wider, allowing Drake to walk past her.

"No, not at all"

"You don't mind a spag bol, do you?" She guided him to the lounge area

"Spaghetti Bolognese? Oh no, I love it"

"Oh good cause it was either that or a takeaway pizza" She chuckled. "Be right back"

It wasn't long before Nicki came back out balancing a plate on either hand. Skillfully she placed a plate at each side of her small dining table. "Voila, bon appétit"

"That looks good"

"Thank you"

"I wasn't talking about the food" Drake said and sat down at the table. Nicki tried to hide her blushing cheeks and giggled. She took the seat across from him and tucked in. It was in the first few moments she realised it was a bad idea, she had already managed to get sauce on her dress.

Drake finished before her, but stayed at the table just watching her. He could see her determination in trying to keep sauce off of her. Her curly hair framed her face and was dipping into her food. Seeing her struggle for long enough, Drake moved his chair next to her lifted her hair up.

With her hair no longer in her face, she ate quicker and with ease. "Thanks Aubrey" She said while wiping her mouth with her napkin.

"You're welcome Onika. How could I've never seen you with curly hair?"

"Daniel didn't like it so I always straightened it, but now I'm curly most of the time"

"Curly hair suits you more, I like it"

"You're annoying, I've said thank you like 50 times since you've been here. This is the last time, thank you"

"You missed a bit" Drake leaned in and licked the spot she missed and caught her lips kissing her. Nicki grabbed his tie and pulled her closer to her, captured his lips and deepened the kiss. When they eventually stopped, Drake reached into his mouth to pull out a strand of curly hair.

"Thanks for that"

~

The toasts were kept to a minimum and the candles on the tables were light to create a hue as the lights dimmed. Daniel guided his wife to the dancefloor for their first dance. Grabbing his wife by the waist, he pulled her closer to him and she wrapped her arms around her neck. the couple moved to the rhythm of John Legend's All of Me. Everyone in the room could feel the love shared between them.

"They're so in love, I'm happy for them. Hope our wedding is like this"

"Nah, it won't. It'll be way better" Nicki leaned her head on his shoulder and he kissed her forehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment