28 October 2014

Because I Care [Part 4]

Drake knocked on her bedroom door with his heart in his hand and flowers behind his back. It had been a week since the accident and Nicki was released from hospital with a broken leg and a few minor cuts on her body. This was the first time he was going to see her since he was with her at hospital the day of the accident.

"Come in" Drake opened the door and walked in. Her casted leg was propped up on a pillow and she was watching TV. She looked towards the door feeling his presence in her room.

"Hey. Sit down" She smiled. He sat down at the edge of the bed and handed her the flowers. 

"My favourite" Nicki took them from him smelling them. "Thank you. I'll put them in a vase later" She rest them against the bed since her room was filled with cards and flowers from loved ones and friends. Drake sat there looking uncomfortable and awkward.

"Lay next to me" He reluctantly took off his shoes and did as she said. No one said anything else after that, they both laid there watching whatever movie Nicki was watching before. Drake soon felt her fingertips brush against his hand and then slip between. It was in that moment, he knew things between them were going to be okay. She grabbed the remote with her other hand and turned down the volume. 

"I know you want to talk about it" She spoke not looking at him. 

"I can't get it out of my mind. One minute you were shouting at me and the next you're on the road unconscious. It was all my fault, I should have let you go when I had the chance"

"Don't talk like that. It was my fault, I was stupid enough to argue in the middle of a road without looking to see if any cars were coming"

"But if,"

"No. Can we just forget it happened?"

"It's forgotten"

"Good" She let go of his hand and placed it on his cheek rubbing the palm of her thumb against it then shuffled forward a little to kiss him. 

~

"Get up, we're going out" Drake announced grooving into her room.

"Can I get up?" He looked at her and then at her leg. 

"Damn I forgot. Where your wheelchair at?" She pointed to the space next to him by the door. He grabbed it by the handles and rolled it over to her bed.

"Can you move to the end of the bed?" Drake removed the pillow from under her foot. She nodded and did so. He scooped her up in his arms and carefully placed her down in her wheelchair. 

"Driving or walking?" She asked as he rolled her out to his car.

"Driving, your ass can't walk" Drake drove slowly after getting them both situated, just in case something did happen.

"So you're not telling me where we're going?"

"Just live in the moment"

Drake later pulled up at a field. He got out of the car and went to the backseat. Grabbing the folded wheelchair and opening it up outside. "Need help?"

"I'm fine" Nicki scooted forward and hopped on her good leg then turned around and grabbed the arms of the wheelchair and sat down. Drake went to his car-boot and picked up his picnic basket with the blanket over it.

"Put this on your lap" He gave her the basket to hold. He closed the boot and locked the car. 

"Did you make the food?" Nicki asked taking a peak into the basket. "Not all of it but I tried" 

There were barely any people there. Drake rolled her over to a spot that was sort of in the middle but it was not too far away from the car or shade. He took the blanket off of Nicki and laid it down then took the basket from her and placed it in the middle. 

"Now I do need your help" Drake laughed and scooped her up in arms and carefully placed her down on the blanket.  

Drake said, taking a bite of his sandwich. "This is nice"

"If you say so" She shrugged causing them both to laugh. They made small talk as they ate. Making each other laugh and choke on their food. And from that day, Drake knew he would never love any other girl the way he loved her or love anyone as much as he loved her. 

I didn't know how to end it but voila! 

No comments:

Post a Comment