1 December 2013

Love Will Remember [Preview]

She woke up to unfamiliar surroundings, she rubbed her eyes and sat up. Turning to her left, she saw a DVD. She picked up the DVD from the bedside table and put it into her DVD player. She had no idea what it was but her mind was telling her she needed to watch it, it had the words 'watch me' printed clearly on the front. The TV loaded the tape and all she could see was a nice looking couch, it was obviously not a movie.

"I hope this works" An unfamiliar male voice said. Then a man walked across the screen and sat down. She found him very handsome, his caramel complexion and honey coloured eyes were magnifying. 

"This is hard" He said and ran his hand down his face. "Good morning or afternoon, I don't know what time you're watching this so yeah. You've missed a lot but I wanted to give you an update. So Barack Obama is president again, I know you're going to be happy about that." He updated her on everything she had missed in the last 6 months.

"Now this part is going to be hard to get your head around but the reason you don't remember much is because you had a really bad car crash. I'm not going to go into much detail but it was really bad but you survived and that’s all that matters. One last thing, I'm your husband of almost 3 years." A tear rolled down his face. The video switched and she saw a beach setting. There was a golden sand pathway with rose petals separating the seating areas. The chairs were covered by a white cloth with brown bows and pink bows. One side had pink bows and the other had brown bows.  She assumed that those were their favourite colours. Wedding guests were dressed nicely and were wearing flip flops, sandals or no shoes at all. She recognised a few people but not many. The camera moved around showing everything else then showed the altar that was covered by a beautiful flower arch.

"Do you Aubrey Drake Graham take Onika Tanya Maraj to be your lawful wedded wife?" She smiled since she now knew the name of her husband. 

"I do"

"Do you Onika Maraj take Aubrey Graham to be your lawful wedded husband?" She saw herself in her wedding dress, looking beautiful. Her hair was in a bun with loose strand framing her face and her makeup was so natural, you could hardly tell she was wearing any.

"I do" 

She patiently watched as the wedding went on.

"By the virtue of the authority vested in me it gives me great honor and pleasure to now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the Bride"

She moved closer to the TV screen and watched as they had their first kiss as a married couple. She paused the video and put her hand on the screen.

"Why can't I remember?" She softly cried.


My exams start on friday but I'll try to post by next week or the week after.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:48 pm

    Omg that is so sad my baby can't remember her baby wow I hope she remember something

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it! In a sad way tho...it kinda makes you wonder what it would be like if you forget everything about yourself... I have no idea how anybody could forget drake tho lol :) Good post

    ReplyDelete